Saturday 24 September 2011

One Tiny Book Swap

I'm so very, very, very glad my partner likes the book =D I was so nervous, especially after seeing all the awesome books the other swappers made. It's so much fun to see the gallery fill up.

Well...here is my book. I choose a Tim Burton-esque style and wanted to include stuff like little 3d-effects, doors to open and the like. I had the most fun with the drawings as I'm a bit more confident with drawing and it's really fun to draw in this style.




The cover looks a bit plain...but I'm really bad at drawing buildings and this was already my 4th try ^^;



Edward Scissorhands =D



Took like forever to cut them all out. I wanted the eyes to be mirrors, but it didn't work out so well :/



I saw a butterfly greeting card with this neat and easy 3d-effect. The thing here looks like it's been put together by a madman though ^^;; I should have drawn a nicer moth with more details.





This was actually the first page I decided on. There is no meaning behind it or anything... Somehow I seem to have a thing for creepy eye-thingies.





This page is even stranger ^^;; It looked so empty so I added more an more things...I just didn't plan it properly.



Another easy efect for greeting cards. Turned out better than I expected to be honest =D



The hairs took forever to draw...the flowers can be opened :)



This is from the book Coraline from Neil Gaiman. I kina like this page even though it is plain and my handwriting isn't the nicest.



And the back. I got this butterfly stamp super-cheap second-hand. The "frame" isn't glued on on the top so that other pictures can be simply put in.
The bookend is fabric (left-over from some black jeans that got shortened ^^), so it's quite flexibel and durable.

And here is the gallery for this wonderful swap on craftster.org - > http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=390637.0

No comments:

Post a Comment